I Received a NYPD Disqualification – Now What?

75+ Google Reviews for the Law Firm of Kevin P. Sheerin

DCAS is New York City’s personnel department. DCAS has delegated the task of investigating applicants to the NYPD. You can appeal your NYPD disqualification. Applicants who are disqualified from appointment may challenge an agency’s findings on the grounds that such findings were made in bad faith or were arbitrary and capricious.

There are three potential appeals:

  1. NOPD – Notice of Proposed Disqualification. Based on NYS Civil Service Law 50(4) a hiring agency must give a disqualified candidate an opportunity to provide explanations for a proposed disqualification in writing.
  2. NOD – Notice of Disqualification. A disqualified candidate can appeal a disqualification to the Civil Service Commission.
  3.  If the disqualification is upheld by the Civil Service Commission the candidate can file an Article 78 lawsuit in the New York State Supreme Court in the County concerned.
Law Office of Kevin P. Sheerin

Kevin Sheerin has been a civil service disqualification appeals attorney for more than 20 years. During that time he has helped many clients win their appeal. He can help you too.

If you have questions about your NYPD Psych Disqualification Appeal and would like to schedule a free consultation, please feel free to contact Kevin at 516.248.0040.

Email me: kevin@sheerinlaw.com

Visit my website www.sheerinlaw.com

Read my blog about Civil Service issues: civilservice.sheerinlaw.com

Facebook: Law_Office_of Kevin_P._Sheerin

Twitter: @DQLawyer

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *